Raymond E. Kramer III
Phone: (561) 835-0900
Fax: (561) 835-0939
Ray Kramer has handled a variety of complex commercial litigation matters for plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal court, and in arbitration. Ray has extensive trial experience, which includes his unique experience as a courts-martial prosecutor in the U.S. Army JAG Corps, where he handled and tried felony cases. Ray focuses his practice in the areas of contract, real estate, corporate, and trusts and estates litigation. Ray has extensive commercial real estate litigation experience in a variety of matters, including foreclosures, workouts, landlord/tenant issues, purchase contract disputes, and broker commission disputes. He has litigated probate and guardianship matters, including claims of lack of capacity and undue influence. He has been a shareholder of the firm since 2003.
- Representation of a 49% owner of a technology based debt management company who was forced out of the company by the 51% owner.
- Representation of a 50% partner in a large South Florida real estate partnership, who split up from his long-time business partner. There were multiple cases in Palm Beach County, Broward County, and New York.
- Represented a commercial property owner who was facing foreclosure from a national bank. The client, a well-known local attorney, came to our firm because of our experience in real estate matters.
- Representation of a radiation oncology practice in a medical staff privilege dispute with a local hospital complex. The matter required state court civil litigation before it was resolved.
- Represented a trustee of a decedent’s trust who was accused of exercising undue influence with respect to several pre-death transfers by the settlor.
- Represented a beneficiary who claimed that a new trust agreement, executed by the settlor shortly before death, was the result of undue influence and a lack of capacity.
- Represented a family member who was sued for breach of contract, conspiracy and constructive trust relating to claims that the individual had assisted a testator with certain asset transfers alleged to be in contravention to a marital settlement agreement.
- Represented a member of a limited liability company, which was placed into involuntary bankruptcy, with claims against other company members and third parties. This litigation spread to both state civil court and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Honors & Awards
- 2013 Top-Rated Lawyer, American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell™
- “AV” Preeminent Peer Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® (highest rating for ethical standards and professional excellence)
- Named one of the Florida “Legal Elite” by Florida Trend Magazine for 2011 and 2012
- US Army Meritorious Service Medal, 1997
- Firm ranked as a Best Law Firm by S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers every year since the inception of the rankings in 2010
- Firm recognized as a “Top Law Firm” by South Florida Legal Guide since 2004
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, D.C., J.D., May 1993
- American Criminal Law Review, Associate Editor
- Georgetown University, School of Foreign Service, B.S.F.S. in International Economics, May 1990
- ROTC Scholarship; Distinguished Military Student Award; Distinguished Military Graduate
Bar and Court Admissions
- Florida Bar, 1993
- Rhode Island Bar, 1996
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11thCircuit, 2005, Membership Committee Member. 2010-Present
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2ndCircuit, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Southern Dist. of Fla., 1999
- U.S. District Court, Northern Dist. of Fla., 2005
- U.S. District Court, Middle Dist. of Fla., 1997
Professional Associations and Membership
- Florida Bar
- The Rhode Island Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, member, Business Litigation CLE Committee Member, 2016-Present; Circuit Civil Practice Committee Member, 2016-Present; Young Lawyers Division, 1997-2000, Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee Member, 2005 – 2016; Membership Committee Member, 2010-2013; 2015-2016
- The Florida Justice Association, 2003-Present; Palm Beach County Justice Association, 2003-Present
- The Florida Bar Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee Member, 2010-2016
Community and Civic Involvement
- Palm Beach County Cultural Council, Board of Directors, 2006 – Present; Member, Finance Committee, 2006-2008, Audit Committee, 2009-Present
- Young Friends of the Palm Beach Opera, Steering Committee, 2006-2009
- Young Friends of the Norton, 2000-Present
- Palm Beach Civic Association, 2001-Present; member, Code Enforcement Committee, 2001-2002
- Georgetown Club of Palm Beaches, Member, Board of Directors, 1999-Present, Secretary, 1999-2001, President, 2001-2004
- Palm Beach Flagler Rotary Club, 1999-2005
- Boy Scouts of America, Gulf Stream Council, Vice President of Endowment, 2015-Present; Vice President of District Operations, 2013-2014; Trade Winds District Chairman, 2011-2013; Gulf Stream Council Board Member, 2011-Present; Cub Scouts Adult Leader, 2008-2013; Tiger Den Leader, 2008-2009; Cubmaster, 2009-2013; Troop Committee Member, 2010-2013; Assistant Scoutmaster, 2013-2014; Scoutmaster, 2014-Present.
- Re-examining the Presumption in Favor of Arbitration in Complex Commercial Cases (co-author). 84 FLA. B. Journal 3 (March 2010)
- Is Expert Testimony Really Needed in Attorneys’ Fees Litigation?(co-author), 77 Fla. B. Journal 38 (Jan. 2003)
- Seventh Survey of White Collar Crime – Attorney-Client Privilege, 29 Am. Crim. Law. Rev. 623 (1992)